Monday 19 April 2010

Update...

Week 4ish of owning the Cabby, and another lovely Sunshiney weekend (apart from the dust that I find my car covered in every morning, due to the Icelandic Volcano thingy!), so I thought I'd get a bit more tinkering done...


This weekend it was swapping sidelights and Indicators, to give a US spec runing lights look...





N.B. This is only temporary until I find a donor set of headlights and indictors to have the indicatorsa and running lights in the same unit.

Spent a bit more time cleaning the interior this weekend, treating the leather again to a good condition and another hoover! Also completely cleaned the door shuts, and all around the door seals. De-greasing and regreasing, polishing the sills and detailing the plastic, hinges, bolts and switches. Thanks to Mike at Crystal Clear Detailing for the helping hand, and cotton buds...




Also managed to find the time to fix the drivers electric window, which is a relief and was relatively easy to do. Door was stripped, glass removed. Then the regulator and mechanism was removed, taken apart and everything was cleaned. Put it back on the car, tested it and it worked, so must've just been a clog up of crap or summit had seized, but alls good now.

Trial fitted a front wheel too, as coilovers arrived this weekend. Looks like it gonna need a HEAVY slam :lol:


Swapped my old 15" sub, amp and box wiht my mate for a 12" Pioneer Sub, Amp and Box, and once I grab myself a wiring kit, that'll be installed too. Not after massive bass, just something quite punchy to give the standard stereo a bit of depth :)

Will update with more pics and progress as it all happens :D

Cheers for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment